Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Beauty of Martial Arts

It's been a while since I updated my blog, this time I am going to write something totally new relating to my current interest that is Mix Martial Arts (MMA). I fell in love into the sport unintentionally. It started since August 2010..back then I was eager to join International Muay Thai Club UTP (IMCUTP) . The reason why I want to join is to learn Martial Arts for fun and just for protection just in case shit happens..u know for self defense. I still remember during my 1st day of Muay Thai class it was tiring and to be honest the next day I woke up my whole body aches like I never felt before.But the funny thing is I love the pain! because if it feels good, I am not doing it right!

For a fat guy like me, I admit it I hated exercising, jogging, working out and any cardiovascular activities that makes me sweat! Literally I hated all of those activities but at the same time, I wanted to shredded the fat off without doing those things! As a fat guy, of course, I love eating  and honestly I eat like a king!! To be honest, I hate the look of myself at the mirror. I want to look good and healthy and I have to do something about it or else I'll be end up like a fat ass for the rest of my life with the risk of Hypertension, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes and all those scary disease that makes you really scared until you crap yourself. So, finally I've made up my mind, with nothing to prove I give it a shot to do all the cardio that I hated the most.

So I tried doing all the cardio, like jogging, running, swimming and I combined it with Muay Thai. No bullshit I lose 4 kgs in only 2 weeks! I was so motivated and continue on my routine and start hitting the gym on January 2011.  Now, I stopped swimming because the pool is so damn far and for now I only cardio via jogging and rope skipping and continue my Muay Thai class.
As I was saying I am currently interested in MMA and it had come to my senses after I join Muay Thai and being inspired by my Muay Thai Kru that is Mr. Bernard Radin. He's a full time figher with an outstanding fighting records (you guys can google it) and he's famous for his famous kick called "the superkick" that knocked out almost most of his opponents. Literally!!

Through some googling I found some famous MMA association which is UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) that really makes eager to dig more about MMA and what MMA is all about. Being an average joe with an average life, surrounded by outstanding people that are literally good in their studies/sports/co-cu and extra co-cu makes you feel small and sometimes makes you think why can't you be like them? why are you such a loser? Seriously it brings your confidence level down. Seriously I had my confidence down before this and I have to do something about it! Period! 

So I do some extensive googling, reading the profiles of some legendary fighters in the MMA like Randy Corture, Cain Velasquez,Brock Lesnar, Junior Dos Santos, Diego Munez and many more really inspires me. Their love for the game and sports really amazed me. The most touching stories I ever read was the history of Diego Munez. Born in southern Brazil, life was tough for him, he migrated to Brazil with no family, no friends and goes a day sometimes without food (No bullshit) but he believes that God is with him no matter what...his believe makes him even stronger . He possesses a good talent in fighting and turn pro in 2007. He basically started from scratch and his determination inspired me. He has a record of 16 wins 0 draws and 2 losses only!! pretty impressive for me!

I think I got the motivation (9/10), the endurance (3/10), the heart of becoming a fighter (7/10), the talent (??/10). I have nothing to prove to someone else, I want to prove to myself that I can be whatever I wanted to be, to be fit, to be me. Martial arts truly can gave me my confidence back, make me more determine to be the best with nothing to prove to anyone, be more discipline, dedicated and to be honest it had helped me to believe that I can do what I used to think impossible. I never thought I can run more then 60 mins non-stop but now I full 90 mins non-stop and I had run 175 mins non-stop! Last time I can't even do 10 push ups now I can do more than 50 push ups in one time and hopefully the number will increase. I also never thought that I can swim constantly at the distance 50m but personally I had swam 500m before. I also never thought I can use the skipping rope but now I've used it and I love it!

Through my realization, we are capable of doing things that we thought impossible! I will continue my interest in MMA and hopefully to be a fighter one day. I will train at my best, and I will never, ever stop. Maybe fighting is in my blood or maybe not but the spirit of a fighter, is within me. I will never give up as MMA had really had awaken me and give my confidence back. This is my life, I will fight for what I believe in, what makes me strong, I fight for my family and I will keep on fighting physically and mentally. Just like an old iban warrior, Rentap said, " Agi Idup, Agi Ngelaban".

1 comment:

farid_izzat said...

gayu guru, gerai nyamai