Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Final Year Story

It’s been a while since I update my blog. Just a little updates from me here hehe 


Lately I’ve been busy with my Final Year Design Project I (FYDP I) and gosh I was REALLY REALLY hectic and stressful. I’m glad it is all over now phew! For the last three weeks I’ve spent most of my time in iCON lab for almost 8-12 hours per day for a week doing simulations PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) plant.

At first it was okay, towards the end, you’ll get some error where your simulation can’t converged and trust me it was really fucked up. Then you have to solve each error one by one and start it all over again until there are no more error. Wait! That’s only the first part, the second part is where you have to introduce the recycle stream oh yeah baby and the same frustrating shit occurs again and again.

Okay after recycling is over the next fucked up is to doing the heat integration (HI) where you recover the heat and oh yeah things will gets better and better for you!! (Well, just the total opposite of that actually) after the HI is done you have to redesign your process flow diagram (PFD) that you initially done and you apply the corresponding HI that you’ve made previously into it! Trust me, it’ll make you puke, faint, sick, and everything related that makes your life miserable. Below are my iCON simulation before and after HI see the difference?
(PET iCON simulation before HI)

(PET iCON simulation after HI)


When it’s all finished, you have to present it. And Oh yeah the ass whooping time! That’s what I’d like to call it. No matter how confident you are, how good your design is, it doesn’t matter, you still get your ass kicked , knocked out or at least get a slap! as it is for me, well since I’m a guy it’s kindda like erm..someone slap your balls or I dunno if you are a woman, maybe it was like a light punch on the boobs? (I’m just saying). Obviously, after the presentation almost everyone is in a breakdown mode/fucked up mode/shitty mode or something equivalence to that feeling. Yeah I was down after the presentation, I’m not gonna lie however I’m glad the ass whooping session is over..well at least for that time.

It does not stop there, you still have a report to do! I swear on J.Lo’s butt it’s the worst report I’ve done in my entire life!! Even though it’s a group work, the work load is still to much. Almost every day I slept at 3 - 4am finishing my part for the report and not to mention I have to study for some incoming test/Final year project (FYP) oral presentation and FYP Interim report. Finally, on November 2nd, we submitted report and phew!!!!!!!!!!! What a relief!!!

Well that’s my update for the past three weeks and now I’m free like an eagle baby! Yeah!

4 comments:

Tka Jayhunn said...

free like an eagle ke?ade finals lagi..hahaha...all the best phil~

Phil said...

U 2 tikah!

Unknown said...

hey phil,

i am final year student,and doing the same project on pet(poly ethylene tarapthalate),so i was wondering if you can assist me in this.Can you please send me your report. it would be very helpful

Unknown said...

my mail id- k.kundra26@gmail.com